The games are played over TCP/IP with NNGS.
Network cables (with an RJ-45 plug on the end) are equipped in the hall. The players will connect their computers to the network with this cable.
The IP will be distributed with DHCP. However, if there is a network trouble interfering IP assignment with DHCP, you may have to set it manually.
The game server used is based on NNGS 1.1.22
The protocol used is based on NNGS. However, you are allowed to use only the following five types of commands.
Commands for login and logout
[User name, sending a password, and the “quit” command]
Commands for opening and ending a game
[The “match” and “done” commands]
Commands for playing a game
[Designating a location to put a stone, and the “pass” command]
Commands for simplifying the display
[“set client FALSE,” and “set verbose FALSE”]
Command for inquiring the remaining time
If a player sends a command other than the above that results in a problem on the server or the other player's program, the player may be punished.
The game is terminated when the server has received “pass” twice consecutively, and you ignore the procedure of sending dead-stone information after that (you do not need to follow the procedure). Each player sends “done” right after the termination of the game. The result of the game will be decided based on the rule.
We have a test server for the UEC Cup.
Please use it to check how your program works.
Example of connecting with Telnet: telnet jsb.cs.uec.ac.jp 9696
About the test server
- A program with a unique patch placed to NNGS 1.1.22 is used.
- You can connect to the server and play games as a guest account without user registration.
- You can check the operation by playing a match against your program.
- If the server is not working, contact us by email.
- You can register as a user (email address required).
[Registration command] register (login name) (email address) (your first name) (your family name)
- A password will be sent to the email address.
- You will need the password for connection after that.